Interested in being baptized at Bridgetown?
We invite you to participate in believer’s baptism, an opportunity to publicly identify yourself with Jesus in his death, burial and resurrection.
What must I do to be baptized at Bridgetown? Attend...
- a Baptism orientation meeting
- a Baptism Preparation class
- Show up at a baptism service!
Why Get Baptized?
We think there are a few good reasons to get baptized:
- - Baptism signifies our union with God through Christ’s death, burial and resurrection (Rom. 6: 3-4).
- - Baptism is an act of obedience to Jesus’ instructions for each disciple to be baptized (Matt. 28: 18-19).
- - Baptism is a public declaration of our faith in Jesus Christ (Rom. 10: 9-10).
- - Baptism identifies us with our spiritual family—the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12: 13).
- - Baptism symbolizes Jesus’ cleansing us from sin (Acts 22:16).
What about infants?
At Bridgetown we wait until children are old enough to make a conscious choice to follow Jesus Christ and to be baptized.
* We hold infant dedication services to pray for infants and commit as a community to support the guardians in raising their children in the Lord.